Job Posting – Executive Director
Arts for All is seeking an Executive Director (ED). This is a small non-profit that empowers people of all abilities through accessible arts and culture opportunities, while advocating for inclusive community engagement. Please see our website: https://www.artsforallnmi.org/
The ED’s primary responsibilities revolve around: 1. providing overall leadership and management; 2. fund development and donor relations; 3. marketing & communications. The ED supervises a small staff. This position reports directly to and works closely with the Board of Directors.
BA degree and related experience are required in education, social work, non-profit management, or related field. Looking for someone with a passion for both the arts and needs of persons with disabilities, combined with these skills: leadership, self-directed, website and social media capabilities, Salesforce database experience preferred, flexibility and adaptability, budget development and management, public speaking, marketing, relationship building, and general management strengths. The ED is expected to be involved in development of programming and also in hands-on delivery of some programming. Full time professional position; some evening or weekend activities involved. Salary is $40,000. Health insurance premium for employee is fully covered by employer. Job description is attached.
Send cover letter, resume, small writing sample, and references by July 3, 2020 to: Board of Directors, Arts for All, c/o Elaine Wood at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Full Job Description Here: Executive Director Job Description
Job Posting – Administrative Assistant
We’re currently looking for a dynamic and passionate Administrative Assistant and Bookkeeper to join our team!
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant & Bookkeeper
Arts for All of Northern MI is the largest accessible arts and culture organization in Northern MI, providing programs for individuals of ALL abilities throughout the year in Grand Traverse, Benzie, Kalkaska, Leelanau, and Antrim counties. This position is designed to support the Executive Director and Board of Directors with Administrative and Bookkeeping duties, and promote the organization in a positive and effective manner utilizing web and social media tools and community marketing opportunities.
The Employee shall perform the following tasks or duties:
- Working in partnership with the Treasurer and Executive Director to develop an annual budget. Using QuickBooks to manage the budget in partnership with the Treasurer and Executive Director.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable process including the creation of checks per the organization’s by-laws.
- Attending Finance Committee meetings when requested, and assisting in the preparation of requested materials
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets and other supporting documentation for grant applications.
Donor Management & Relations (20%)
- Manage and maintain Salesforce donor database of approximately 1050 records. Process all donations to the organization, record donations in the database, send gift acknowledgement letters to donors, design and generate reports for the Executive Director as needed.
Administrative & Program Support (10%)
- Assist with Board of Directors correspondence and meetings
- Provide Special Events Support
- Attend and facilitate some community outreach events and programs
- General administrative support to the Executive Director
- Answer office phone calls
- Organize basic grant application pieces
- On-Site Staff for programming as needed
Social Media, Web & Marketing Coordination (25%):
- Enhance the organization’s social media presence. The position will work with staff to develop, manage, schedule/post and maintain social media content on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter that promotes the Arts for All organization, its programs, and events.
- In partnership with staff, using Mailchimp to create a monthly newsletter and quarterly email updates, based on content provided by staff.
- Develop, maintain, and update the organization’s website by posting and revising content related to the promotion of the organization, its events and programs.
- Maintain data organization of online event registrations in Salesforce Database.
- Update all online community calendars with monthly programming information, including but not limited to: TC Ticker & Express, IPR Almanac, local radio stations.
- Make recommendations for improvements, enhancements to the website and for the organization’s social media presence.
- Work with Staff & Board to develop and create materials for improved donor relations communications.
- Be available to assist with organization events in various ways including setup, teardown, program assistance, etc.
- Process mail, copy materials, maintain office supplies, maintain office files, etc.
- Strong commitment to A4A’s Mission
- Associates degree in related field or at least 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience working with persons with disabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Problem Solving
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online; ability to run and interpret financial reports
- Proficiency in filing and preparing nonprofit tax documents, excluding the 990
- Bookkeeping experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
- Understanding of Chart of Accounts, budgets and financial procedures
- Familiarity with Salesforce preferred
- Nonprofit accounting experience desirable
- Knowledge & experience maintaining social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Website management experience – WordPress knowledge preferred
- Basic marketing experience is a plus
- Experience using Mailchimp preferred
- Track record of meeting deadlines
Benefits Provided: Arts for All provides accessible and adaptive art and culture opportunities for individuals of all ages and abilities in our community. As a part of the A4A team, you are making a difference in your own community. Our studio is often filled with music, dancing, and art! Our team is small and connected, and our culture is collaborative, creative, supportive, and focused on serving our community. There is opportunity for flexible hours and advancement, and raises are considered and/or negotiated after periods of 6 months and annually. Being a part of the A4A team will allow you to work in the studio, with participants, and at great community events, like Friday Night Live, and more!
Please include a compelling cover letter along with your resume and three references. Please let us know where you saw the opening!
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through March 30th, 2020 and considered until the position is filled. The ideal candidate would start employment upon receiving the position.
By email: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
By mail: Please enclose your resume and cover letter in a sealed envelope and mail to:
Grace Hudson, Executive Director
Arts for All of Northern MI
PO Box 4212
Traverse City, MI 49685
You are also welcome to drop off an application in-person at the A4A Studio during regular weekday office hours (8:30-11:30 Mon-Thurs), with hours varying in addition. It’s encouraged to call ahead before stopping in to ensure the office is open, due to our small, part-time staff.
Arts for All is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in employment, promotions, or compensation on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, color, national origin, marital or veteran status, or disability.